What’s an HCP-Level Pharmaceutical Advertising Strategy?
- Digital Usage in Healthcare: More HCPs are using digital devices. 60% of doctors recommended electronic health records (EHRs) to their patients, while 57% recommended remote/virtual consultations with an HCP.2
- Declining In-person Interactions: Some HCPs have become less likely to accept in-person meetings. 87% of providers reported a preference for virtual or a mix of virtual and in-person meetings with pharmaceutical reps—even after the pandemic.3
- Increased Competition: More pharma companies are competing for HCPs’ attention. An effective pharma ad strategy is the only reliable way to one-up the competition.
How to Create an HCP-Level Pharma Digital Advertising Campaign in 2022
1: Set Specific KPIs
- Awareness: Impressions, website traffic, social engagement, etc
- Consideration: Click-through rate (CTR), cost per click (CPC), demo requests, etc.
- Purchase: Sales, script lift, etc.
2: Create an Audience With First-Party Data
#3: Deliver Memorable Experiences
#4: Measure KPIs With HCP-Level Measurement & Reporting
3 Real-World Pharmaceutical Online Advertising Campaigns
A drug manufacturer teamed up with Adfire Health to improve ad spending efficiency, understand ad fraud, and evaluate its media players. Working with Adfire Health to build an engaged audience that utilized programmatic advertising to physicians, the company saw a 14:1 ROI.
A #1 branded Rx drug planned to stop sales because a generic and more affordable version of its drug was coming onto the market. Working with Adfire Health to engage HCPs via a retargeting campaign, the company delivered more than 62MM HCP impressions, increased conversions by 295%, and stayed on the market.
A pharma brand with a preventative treatment Rx drug wanted to maximize reach and generate conversions. Using HCP data, Adfire Health helped the company increase reach by 244% while generating a conversion rate 17.4% higher than industry standards.
Simplifying Your Pharmaceutical Advertising Strategy for 2022
- Droesch B. US Healthcare and Pharma Digital Ad Spending 2020. eMarketer. Published September 30, 2020. Accessed November 5, 2021.
- Stewart C. Have you recommended the use of any of the following digital health tools to your patients? Statista. Published June 2021. Accessed November 5, 2021.
- Wozniak L. Pharma Companies Have Improved How They Engage with Healthcare Providers During COVID-19, Finds New Research from Accenture. Accenture. Published August 10, 2020. Accessed November 5, 2021.